Automotive repair in Largo and Seminole is not something you want to put off any longer. If you’ve been experiencing some minor issues with your vehicle, don’t wait until it is completely unable to be driven to call a repair company. Having a positive, existing relationship with a repair company can only benefit you, since they will already be familiar with you and your vehicle, and you will already know that you can trust them. Here at Auto Art, we have been working on automotive repair in Largo and Seminole for over 37 years, and pride ourselves on our expert repair services. Not only will we take the time to sit down with you and figure out exactly what the problem with your vehicle is, but we will explain exactly what repairs we will perform, and give you an accurate estimate of the cost.
Why It Is Important:
Like most people, you probably rely on a car to get you where you need to go, so you also want to know you can rely on a mechanic for whatever automotive repairs you may be experiencing in Largo and Seminole. Finding a trustworthy auto repair shop can be difficult, as so many people are just out to take your money and leave your car in worse shape than it originally was. When you are at a new repair shop, always ask to see their state licenses and check that they will honor your vehicle’s warranty.
Knowing that Largo and Seminole automotive repair shop you will use before your vehicle starts acting up is paramount. This way you can calmly shop around, without the panic about your broken car clouding your judgment. Trust your gut when visiting a repair shop; make sure the cars they are working on are around the same value as yours, that the mechanics are professional and that all of the equipment looks well-maintained.
When Do You Need Automotive Repairs?
Once you know which automotive repair shop you will use in Largo and Seminole, you should also know what signs to look for that signal the need for repairs. The more you know, the more you will be able to save yourself from hefty repairs; if caught early, it could be a smaller and less expensive fix. The three common categories of repair signals are smells, sounds, and performance issues.
Smells to be aware of:
- Burned toast- This light, sharp odor can signal an electrical short, or burning insulation.
- Rotten eggs- This will be a more continuous smell, and will usually be caused by a problem in the converter.
- Gasoline vapors- If you smell this after your car will not start, you may have a flooded engine; wait a few minutes, and then try again. If the odor or problem persists, there could be a leak in the fuel system.
- Sweet, steamy odor- This could indicate a coolant leak; continued driving with this leak could cause severe engine damage.
Sounds that indicate the need for automotive repair in Largo and Seminole:
- Squeal- If related to engine speed, there may be loose or worn fan belt.
- Screech- This high pitched sound is caused by brake wear and indicates the need for repair or replacement.
- Rumble- This rhythmic sound signals a defective exhaust pipe or muffler.
- Clunk- This random thumping sound may signal a loose shock absorber or another suspension component that needs repairing.
Some poor performance issues that signal a need for automotive repair are:
- Difficulty driving in a straight line- This will indicate misaligned front wheels, or under inflated tires.
- Pulling to one side while braking- This, along with a feeling of scraping while braking, may signal the need for a brake diagnosis and repair.
- Rough idling- If your car is unsteady while idling, or has poor acceleration, you should bring it in to have the engine looked at by a mechanic.
- Difficulty or failure to stay in gear- This poor transmission issue can originate from an entire component failure, or simply a disconnected hose. Either way, it should be checked out by a mechanic as soon as possible.
How to Get Started:
If you have been experiencing any of the issues listed above, or anything else, don’t hesitate to call us at Auto Art Engineering at 727-559-0490 today! We can help you with everything from general service and maintenance, to tune ups, to transmission and front end repairs. Our automotive repair services in Clearwater, Largo, and Seminole are second to none, and we promise that you will not be disappointed.